Jesus, God with Us
You are likely familiar the Name Immanuel means God with Us. One question to consider then is have you really stopped to figure about that? What does it mean to be “with us”? One mind-boggling starting point is to consider it means the (unimaginable) Truth of His Presence. God Himself emerging from His dwelling beyond time to physically and intentionally come alongside us in our struggling (and often) pointless efforts. God becomes available; He is with us in human form.
Key Bible Verse
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel…
But let’s pause a moment from trying to wrap our brains around God assuming our mortal shell and turn attention to what He accomplished among us. Jesus, with us.
- Jesus, Man of Feeling – John 11:33-35
- Jesus, Man of Discipline – Hebrews 12:2 , Mark 1:35
- Jesus, Man Abused by Others – Luke 8:52-53
- Jesus, Man to be Ciphered – Matthew 13:34 , Luke 8:10
- Jesus, Man of Command – Matthew 8:27 , Matthew 17:18
- Jesus, Man of Shepherds’ Soul – John 10:4 , Luke 19:10
- Jesus, Man of Healing – Matthew 12:15 , Luke 6:19
- Jesus, Demander of Obedience – Matthew 16:25 , John 12:26
- Jesus, Servant of all – Matthew 20:28
- Jesus, Sufferer of our Agonies – John 12:27
- Jesus, Doorway to the Presence – John 14:6
When we stop to consider “God with Us” – we unravel rich spiritual treasures. One facet of this amazing Truth is to consider the “manishness” of Jesus, His humanity. And in all that He came to sojourn with you and I – God with Us… suffering, serving, showing the Way, the Truth and the Life.